No reveal today. Just four entries that could be sites for hoods.
17-A. Hood sites : KING COBRAS. [shudder]
26-A. Hood site : SHERWOOD FOREST. Robin, I presume?
46-A. Hood sites : GANGSTER MOVIES. Are they hoods?
61. Hood site : SWEATSHIRT. New England's favorite hood.
1. iTunes Store category : SOUL.
5. Reach for the stars : GO BIG.
10. Ones dealing with deductions, briefly : CPAs.
14. Fit : ABLE.
15. Surpass : TRUMP.
16. Jessica of "Machete Kills" : ALBA. Oof. Not my cup of tea.
19. George H.W. Bush, once : VEEP.
20. Type of infection : STAPH. I always hesitate between STAPH and strep.
21. One eavesdropping, perhaps : SPY.
22. Royal decrees : FIATS.
23. "Cool!" : RAD.
25. Lesage hero Gil __ : BLAS. L'Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane. A picaresque French novel published in the early 1700s.
33. Bourbon bigwigs : ROIS. More French.
34. "Trust me!" : I SWEAR!
35. Shad delicacy : ROE.
36. Fidgety : ANTSY.
38. Raggedy character : ANN.
39. Theatrical device : ASIDE.
41. "Friday" actress Long : NIA.
42. Enter carefully : EDGE IN. And a partial clecho at 56-A. Enters, in a way : TYPES (in).
45. Pet-adoption ads, briefly : PSAs. Public Service Announcements.
49. Mafia bosses : DONS.
50. Busy mo. for FedEx : DEC.
51. On hold, with "in" : LIMBO.
53. Fuel efficiency stat : MPG.
60. One of a classically opposed pair : EVIL.
63. Peony holder : VASE.
64. North Dakota home of the Roger Maris Museum : FARGO.
65. '60s sitcom boy : OPIE.
66. Technical sch. : INST.itute.
67. "Dude!" : OH, MAN!
68. Overflow : TEEM.
1. Lord and Taylor competitor : SAKS.
2. Departure notice? : OBIT. Nice misdirection.
3. Bone involved in Tommy John surgery : ULNA. Named after the major league pitcher who first had the surgery. It involves replacing an injured elbow ligament with one from a different part of the body.
4. Weight training exercise : LEG PRESS.
5. Pontiac muscle car : GTO.
6. Spheres : ORBS.
7. Dining faux pas : BURP.
8. Reply offering hope : I MAY...or I may not.
9. Rental car feature, briefly : GPS. Our rental car in Austria will certainly have GPS.
10. Fancy spread : CAVIAR.
11. Standing order? : PLEASE RISE. Courtroom.
12. Harbor after a heist, say : ABET.
13. Gullible sorts : SAPS.
18. Scorch : CHAR.
22. Native plants : FLORA.
24. Post-Breathalyzer-test charge: Abbr. : DWI. I fill in the d and i, then wait for perps to tell me if it will be "u" or "w" in the middle. Once convicted, the driver might go through 43-Down. Drying-out hurdle : DTs.
25. Dancer's deg. : BFA. Bachelor of Fine Arts.
26. Colleague of Elena and Ruth : SONIA. Supreme Court.
27. Not reliable : HIT AND MISS. I always say "Hit or miss." You?
28. "August: ___ County": 2008 Pulitzer-winning play : OSAGE.
29. Pro sports VIP : OWNER.
30. GUESS material : DENIM.
31. Party supplies : SODAS.
32. Pro shop pickups : TEES.
33. Buzzed : RANG.
37. Kind of question : YES / NO.
40. Like Kung Pao chicken : SPICY HOT.
44. Subtle acknowledgment : NOD .
47. Wine holder : GOBLET.
51. Son of Leah : LEVI.
52. "Terrible" ruler : IVAN.
53. [Air kiss] : MWAH. Nice.
54. Wave maker : PERM.
55. Lady __ : GAGA.
57. Water conduit : PIPE.
58. Home port for the USS Niagara : ERIE.
59. Peony part : STEM.
61. W. Coast airport : SFO. San Francisco.
62. Huge number : TON. I had a ton of fun, but now I'm done. Until next week!