19-Across. Poet friend of Jonathan Swift : ALEXANDER POPE. Together, the friends formed the Scriblerus Club.
The current Pope Francis scoots around town in a Ford Focus, instead of this POPEMOBILE.
33-Across. Kipling story collection, with "The" : JUNGLE BOOK. The original edition is worth a couple of bucks, I bet.
The BOOKMOBILE is becoming another victim of the computer age.
38-Across. "Poetry Man" singer : PHOEBE SNOW. I had the pleasure of seeing her in person twice - such a talent. She died in 2011.
SNOWMOBILEs are not just for recreation!
48-Across. Title phrase that rhymes with "he lightly doffed his hat" : CASEY AT THE BAT. Is there any joy in Mudville?
The original BATMOBILE is a far cry from its modern counterpart.
And the reveal is found at 44-Down. Vehicular attachment for the ends of 19-, 33-, 38- and 48-Across : MOBILE.
1. Bodybuilder's pride : ABs. And a clecho at 20-Down. Bodybuilder's pride : LATs.
4. "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress Gomez : SELENA.
10. Like crudités : RAW.
13. Helpful URL link : FAQ. Frequently Asked Questions. They never seem to have the answer I am looking for.
14. Literary postscript : EPILOG.
15. Townshend of 22-Down : PETE. And 22-Down. "Pinball Wizard" band : THE WHO.
16. Cross-shaped letter : TAU. It's also an empire in this video game.
17. Forecast words golfers like to hear : NO RAIN. Husker, do you golf in the rain?
18. Glade target : ODOR.
22. Frequent Hepburn co-star : TRACY.
23. Take a load off : SIT.
24. __ rhythm: brain waves pattern : THETA.
25. Old-style "For shame!" : FIE.
28. Soothing sprinklings : TALCS. I was thinking along the lines of Jimmies on ice-cream.
32. Rink VIPs : REFs. Ice hockey rink, REFerees.
35. Iconic WWII setting, familiarly : IWO. Jima.
36. Missouri tributary : OSAGE.
37. Garden product word : GRO.
41. Water-to-wine site : CANA. As shown in this painting of "The Wedding at Cana" by Veronese.
42. __ voce: softly : SOTTO.
43. Longing : YEN.
44. Gourmet mushroom : MOREL. Do these look "gourmet"?
45. Storage media : CDs.
47. Theorize : POSIT.
54. Leave off : OMIT.
55. Hummus ingredient : TAHINI.
56. "Run to __": Bobby Vee hit : HIM. Blast from the past. 2:05
59. Galvanizing metal : ZINC.
60. Like many Schoenberg compositions : ATONAL. Here's a small sample from his "Pierrot Lunaire." 1:15
61. Possible reply to "Got milk?"? : MOO. And 2-Down. Ewe cry : BAA.
62. Shout of success : YES! (With or without fist pump.)
63. Seuss reptile : YERTLE. the Turtle.
64. Classroom fill-in : SUB. Another CSO to HG!
1. Not fore : AFT.
3. Storage unit? : SQUARE FOOT.
4. Iroquois Confederacy tribe : SENECA.
5. Powerful adhesive : EPOXY.
6. Turkish bread? : LIRA. Anyone else think about filling in "na'an"?
7. Gusto : ELAN.
8. Reason to be turned away by a bouncer : NO ID.
9. Patron saint of girls : AGNES. CSO to Irish Miss!
10. Edit menu choice : REDO.
11. Straddling : ATOP.
12. "While __ Young": USGA anti-slow play campaign : WE'RE.
15. Can convenience : POP TAB. Anybody else fill in POP Top?
21. Religious ceremony : RITE.
24. Vacation plans : TRIPS. We're still trying to decide where and when to travel in Europe next year.
25. Persnickety : FUSSY.
26. Lacking sense : INANE.
27. Encourage : EGG ON.
29. Shortcuts for complex multiplication : LOGARITHMS.
30. Trumpet cousin : CORNET. In what song were there 110 CORNETs "close at hand"?
31. Toaster's word : SKOAL.
33. Beanery cuppa : JOE.
34. "Ben-Hur" author Wallace : LEW.
39. "... and all that jazz," for short : ETC. ETC. Yadda, yadda...
40. Fullness of flavor : BODY.
41. __ Nostra : COSA.
46. Skewered Thai dish : SATAY. With peanut sauce - yummm!
47. Serving to punish : PENAL.
48. Like a warm nest : COZY.
49. Nice lady friend : AMIE. "Nice" misdirection.
50. Confession details : SINS. On this site, you can apply for a SIN, obtain a confirmation of your SIN or amend your SIN record! (Might be a useful link for CanadianEh?)
51. London gallery : TATE.
52. Superhero with a hammer : THOR.
53. Help for a solver : HINT.
57. Letters of credit? : IOU.
58. Group gone wild : MOB. Like the one at Keene, N.H.'s pumpkin festival last week. Link credit: HG!
Marti, over and out.